October 30, 2014

Costumes in Your Closet


Hey everyone!

So guess what tomorrow is? Yup, Halloween! Where did the time go? In just a few months it's gonna be the new year which is crazy to think about. Feels like just yesterday we were entering 2014 but now I'm getting off topic.

Since tomorrow is Halloween, it's time to get hashtag cray with the costumes. But then there's those people who wait last minute to get a costume and can't find anything or those people who don't wanna spend moola *coughcoughMEcoughcough* but still wanna be something. I've come up with a few ideas where you can literally wear clothes from your closet and voila you got yourself a costume.


John Bender from "The Breakfast Club"

Aka my 80s movie lover! So this costume could be for either a guy or a girl (if you don't mind changing genders for the day). 

What you need:
- A jean jacket
-A red and black flannel
- A white long-sleeved shirt
- Fingerless gloves
-Black jeans
-Boots
- Red bandana 
-Wayfarer sunglasses


Put together:

  

Army Gal

G.I. Jane I guess you can say? This outfit is simple to put together which is why I like it. 

What you need:
- Camo pants
- A black shirt (it can be any Earthy color)
- Army hat (optional)
-Boots


Put together:

  

For the face paint, it wasn't even face paint. I just used a strong pigmented eye shadow (brown and forest green). 

Rosie the Riveter 

I freaking looooooove this costume especially as a feminist, I loved what Rosie stood for (#shoutouttowomen #tofellastoo). This costume is also super simple though. 

What you need:
- A jean button-up shirt
-A red bandana
-Black pants
-Boots (any shoes would be suitable)
-Red lipstick (optional)


Put together:

  

Frida Kahlo

My girl Frida. She was another great women in women history who really did not give two effs. Her life is way more dynamic than that sentence and it's def worth reading about. Anyway, portraying her was so much fun too. I felt one with my Latina culture. 

What you need:
- Bright clothing
- Flowers
-Bold accessories


Put together:

  

I did a braid wrap around my head like Frida's signature look.