July 30, 2016

Greece 2016.

It's been about a week since I came back from Greece and I'm still heartbroken lol but my tan is still in tack so I'm chillin'. As per usual, this was a great trip but it was different cause I did a lot of things for the first time. It's crazy cause I wasn't even supposed to go to Greece but the universe happened to work in my favor. 

So what can I say about Greece? Hmmm. Maybe that it's MAGICAL, literally. Speaking specifically about Europe, I have been to a few cities in other countries and I never had so many jaw-dropping moments in my life. You know how Greece is portrayed in movies? Whelp, they're not lying to you. The clearest and the bluest of waters, white and blue houses (on some islands), friendly people and a beautiful culture. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing with my eyes. It made my heart so happy. 

Anyway, below are some pictures and you can watch my video here.



Alonissos
I was staying most of my time in Thessaloniki, the second largest city in Greece #funfactswithEmily, so I was tryna figure out the closest, fastest and "cheapest" way to get to an island and stay there. I did some research before I even left and found out a ferry from Thessaloniki's port went there so that's how I ended up in Alonissos. I had some complications getting there being that I got off on the wrong island but at the end of the day, I made it to Alonissos and that's all that matters. I also came to this island solo cause my line sister was in Athens this weekend :( but I still had a great time lol. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made friends lol I'm the one to the left in case you were wondering. 

Corfu
I fell in love with this place. It's different from Alonissos though since it doesn't have the white and blue houses. It actually has colorful ones since it has a great Italian influence since it's so close to Italy and many Italians immigrated there #morefunfactswithEmily. But yeah, there was just something different from Alonissos that made Corfu sweep me off my feet. I ended up here cause my other line sister who studied abroad in Greece about three years ago recommended that I come here. I  stayed here my last four days in Greece before coming home and it was the best decision I could've made. I solo-traveled to this island too. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
my trusty companion! the atv I rented lol I rented an atv in Alonissos too.
Thessaloniki
To the place I spent most of my time, you were fun while my time lasted. Although, I always prefer not to stay in cities for too much time because I tend to get over it. I guess cause I'm used to a metropolitan life so when I go abroad I want to be exposed to something different. But don't get me wrong, I enjoyed myself but I was excited to head out to the islands when it was time haha. What I found so crazy is how this city is built around ancient ruins. Like you can literally be walking downtown and then BAM! You run into history - there's the Arch of Galerius and Rotunda.

see what I mean? History in the middle of shops and restaurants.
 
 
This is the Arch of Galerius and Rotunda.
The market.
The Umbrellas of Thessaloniki.

Chalkidiki
This part is south of Thessaloniki, about an hour away by bus. We decided to come here on a one day trip since everyone says you have to visit this place while in Thessaloniki - so here we went. I don't have many photos cause I was either in the water or knocked out on the beach lol oops.