November 4, 2016

Italy Photo Diary: Pisa, Florence, Rome.

Pisa, Italy


Pisa
A town so small, you can look at all the touristic buildings and monuments in one day. I'm not kidding. That's literally what happened with me. My line sister and I got to Pisa from Venice around 5:30pm, settled in then went to the town center and saw all there is to see. It's definitely a residential place so there's a bunch of families and friends around, which is great cause you always feel safe - even though the streets can get pretty dark and the light posts make it creepy. Luckily, Pisa is close to other cities, like Florence and Cinque Terre, where you can take day trips to. Just need to hop on a train and you're on your way. These destinations are only about 1hr 30mins away so it's not too bad. 


the Leaning Tower of Pisa! (to the left if you couldn't tell) plus one.
some history
and more history 
the best lasagne I ever had - minus my mom's :) 
Florence

Florence, hmm. It's a really big place with all its monuments spread throughout town. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the country side since it was just a day trip. What I usually did most of the time was get on those hop on/hop off buses that scream "I'm a tourist!" and saw the city like that. It was the most convenient and easiest way since you pay one fee to get off at whatever stop. Some companies even have more than one route so that was also great. 
Anyway, the city is very busy. In my opinion, it's an alright place to see but I just think I wasn't able to capture the magic that it has to offer like the secluded areas. I mainly stayed within the city center and saw what every person wants to see - I was mainly there for the Duomo di Firenze lol. AND the pick picketers and scammers are the REALEST out there too which is so annoying cause someone is always trying to get money out of you. My line sister and I had an incident where some guy gave us a free bracelet then rambled about his dying son in his country and wouldn't leave us alone while he begged for some money. Florence isn't terrible, I feel like it's a place everyone wants to see cause it's Florence but it definitely needs to be done in more than one day. 

Ponte Vecchio - there's literally small shops on this bridge. I think that's a setup for disaster with all the weight but who am I to judge?
I have no idea what I was chessin' about but I know my line sister made me laugh lolz 


Duomo di Firenze - this church looks so fake! But's it's so beautiful. 

Rome

My line sister and I were excited to be here cause we felt like Lizzie McGuire. We would outburst into "The Tide is High" and "What Dreams Are Made Of"  (#singtomePaolo) any and everywhere. But Rome was the Italian city we stayed the longest in and was it worth it? Mmm, not too sure. I FULLY understand that it's the capital and people from all over the world visit at ALL times but it wasn't my favorite place in the world. Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing places to see but the chaos gave me a headache haha. 

Arco di Costantino
the Colosseum
the main entrance to the Vatican City
Fontana di Trevi 
the Spanish Steps
shoutout to the clown cars